Re: FM Transmitter Sends Sounds But Not Music

Am 01.03.2010 14:09, schrieb Xavier Bestel: On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 12:05 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote: Am Montag, den 01.03.2010, 10:21 +0000 schrieb Chris Ross: The FM Transmitter feature on my N900 is very useful to me as my car's built-in stereo doesn't support Bluetooth, but this weekend it just stopped working. I can set the TX frequency and tune the radio to it, enable the FM Transmitter in Media Player and all seems well. The static is replaced by quiet, I can hear the clicks and other system sounds as I select things through the car speakers, but when I press play I get silence. It's good silence, like properly transmitted silence, but obviously what I wanted to hear was the music. This also happened to us yesterday in the car, however it worked after rebooting the N900. The FM transmitter never worked for me (tried in different cars), it only emits a faint static sound with a very very faint music, even with N900 and car's volume crancked up. I always thought it was just a marketing gimmick. Is it supposed to work well ? Maybe I should try to hear the clicks and other system sounds. Xav It works great for me. Just saved myself from a 5 hour drive with no music because of a broken cd player. To Xavier: Try to use a different station ... if you get static your device is either out of range, gets interference from another source or u have another problem. The situation Chris describes is different because he gets "clean silence" and device sounds which pretty much says his device is working. To Chris: Have you tried turning the FMTransmitter on and off in- and outside of the player? And if you play the music with the transmitter on I understand there is no music from the speakers, right? Double check the Player Sound maybe the sound in the player is just somehow disabled. You can simply check that by starting the music with the transmitter off and enabling it. Are you using any aditional software like the fmtransmitter button and/or the booster? Alex