Re: Dealing with N900 responsiveness (or lack of thereof)

On Monday 22 February 2010, Dawid Lorenz wrote:

> What I am suspecting here is swap (over)usage. It does only seem to
>  grow over time, rather than going down when I close unused apps, for
>  example. Physical RAM, on the other hand, usually sticks around
>  180-200MB of use, regardless of apps opened in the background.

What metric are  you using for determining that physical ram is
"180-200MB of use"?

Keep in mind also, that once something has been swapped out, it will
stay in swap for as long as it hasn't been modified. There might also be
a copy in RAM. This means that if that same memory is to be swapped out
again, the system can just delete the copy in ram, since it already
exists in swap.