Re: problem with App manager

On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 22:31 +0100, ext daniel young wrote:
> Ok so i already sent this out but it kind of got hijacked by somebody
> else with a different problem.  Anyways, I haven't been able to update
> or install a new app for a few weeks now.  When I go into the
> application list it just says no applications available.  this is what
> it says in the log:
>         E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists.new/lock - open
> (2 No such file or directory)
>         E: Unable to lock the list directory
> I have no idea what to do about it.  What i got before is that some of
> the dev.  apps that i installed filled up my root drive to much and
> something bad happened.  any help is greatly appreciated.

It looks like this /var/lib/apt/lists.new directory is a temporary
directory that is created to replace /var/lib/apt/lists after refreshing
the repos. You can probably just "rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists.new" and
then start Application Manager and refresh the repos again to recover.
Maybe the directory was left there because of a crash or something
else...

-Kimmo