Re: N800 Web browser quit working

Steve Yelvington wrote:
The Web browser on my N800 has stopped working. It loads, activates the "Updating ...." message, and then does nothing. There are no logged errors, and running it from the command line produces no error messages.

A couple of weeks ago, an alternative (Webkit?) browser appeared in one of the repositories; I installed it, but it didn't work, so I removed it.

Is there a recommended way to fix/reinstall the standard browser? Or should I just back up my personal data and re-flash the unit?

I had this problem a while back. I just went in and killed all of the browser related processes and then clicked to open it again.

I don't have my tablet booted into Maemo right now, but you should be able to run ps aux | more in your Terminal and then see the browser processes. Then run killall browserd where browserd (might be all yuo need to kill) is the process name. Then repeat for all of them. Then you can reopen MicroB.

That said, I have had much much better luck with Tear on OS2008. <https://garage.maemo.org/projects/tear/> If yuo're on OS2007, the best browser I used for it was Minimo <http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2007/minimo/>

If you need more specific instructions, I can boot Maemo and help you out... hope this works though

--
Jake Wasdin
http://jake.wasdin.net/