Re: Firefox/Fennec - YouTube Videos Enabler

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Jason <maemo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Paul Hartman wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Aniello Del Sorbo <anidel@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>> Indeed.. it doesn't work on mine as well..
>>>
>>> It worked once.. weird.
>>
>> I also have no Flash at all in Firefox Mobile, even with config
>> settings changed. Even with Youtube Enabler add-on, I don't see flash
>> on Youtube.com.
>>

> Hmm, doesn't work for me either, and it did before I ran the updates.
> However, default browser still plays flash video.
>
> This seems to work for me, go to 'about:config', search for 'plugin', select
> 'plugin.default_plugin_disabled' and press Enter.  Then, select
> 'plugin.disable' and press Enter again.  They should both be bold and false.
>
> I had to restart my browser a few times, but it seems to work.

I think I've solved it! It seems I may have had 2 different issues.

The first one is: DO NOT install the Youtube Enabler add-on if you
want Flash on non-youtube websites. Once I removed that add-on, my
about:config options matches what you said yours were. I set them both
to false, restarted FF and now Flash works on all sites.

I think my crashing was possibly related to leftover profiles from
nightly/alpha/beta/rc versions of Fennec I had tried. So I deleted
/home/user/.mozilla/fennec and /home/user/.mozilla/firefox and now,
not only does my flash work, but Firefox starts up more than twice as
fast as before! It used to take 20 seconds to become fully loaded
(icons appear in bookmarks list), now it takes about 7 seconds. Nice.
:)