Re: IM client cannot connect to ICQ anymore

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Marcel <tanuva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the additional protocols package for the built-in IM client
> installed and one ICQ account configured. Since about two weeks, ICQ
> refuses to connect. I suspect this being the same problem with
> "ClientLogin" that Pidgin suffered from some time ago, but I cannot find
> a useful error message, the only thing I see is the yellow popup saying
> "one or more accounts were unable to connect" - translated loosely from
> german. Which is no more than "it doesn't work" which would be accepted
> in no Linux related board... Does telepathy keep logs anywhere? Or
> another hint?

Try disabling all your haze accounts, then, on the console run this:
HAZE_PERSIST=1 HAZE_DEBUG=all /usr/lib/telepathy/telepathy-haze

Try to login... most probably the output will explain the reason. If
you still cannot figure it out maybe you should report a bug attaching
that output to telepathy-extras:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Telepathy&component=m5-account-plugins

Cheers.

--