Re: iPad

Kate

> With desktop OS, stylus is just mouse replacement and not even good on that.
> Total use experience was nonexistent and device become just mini laptop

Well said. I've had a similar convertible tablet running linux for
several years (fujitsu lifebook p1510d) and I agree on every point.

This is why maemo would be great scaled up to run on a larger screen.
It already plays nice with mobile/touchscreen, runs on today's most
power efficient hardware, and has (an evolving?) appstore presence.

Ubuntu-MID might be in a similar position but without the app
ecosystem. Anyway, if Nokia doesn't do something like this it seems
Google is already headed in this direction with android.

--
Brad Midgley