From: maemo-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:maemo-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Iñigo Illán Aranburu
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 8:51 AM
To: Aldon Hynes
Cc: maemo-users@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: gst-launch and openmax

I think you should better use camerabin

El mar, 26-01-2010 a las 21:01 -0500, Aldon Hynes escribió:
I am new to using gst-launch.  I've not been able to find good descriptions
of the different options or elements to use.  So, I started by using

gst-launch v4l2camsrc device=/dev/video1 num-buffers=1 ! videoscale !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=475,height=356 ! omx_jpegenc ! filesink
location=test.jpg

That gave me the error about omx_jpegenc

When I tried using jpegenc instead of omx_jpegenc I got a message:
could not link videoscale0 to jpegenc0

I tried dropping videoscale, I tried using pngenc, none of these worked.
The suggestion about dspjpegenc worked nicely, except that the images turned
out all black or all white.  Is there a png counterpart?  I also tried
adding capture-mode=1 to the v4l2camsrc element, which didn't make any
difference.

I haven't done anything with ffmpegcolorspace, so I'll look at that next.

If you know of any good documentation on using the gst-tools, that would be
greatly appreciated.

Aldon