Re: Forced Upgrade to N900 from N810

On Wednesday 20 January 2010 14:22:46 Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:18:28 +0000
>
> Peter Flynn <peter.flynn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Presumably as it's an SQLite file, there must be a GUI or CL interface
> > to let me open the database and delete from <table> where
> > date<20081231 or something. Do you have pointers to something
> > suitable?
>
> n900's come with the sqlite3 commandline program by default.
> it's an easy program :)

Unfortunately GPE is still using sqlite0 (also known as sqlite or sqlite2).
sqlite3 cannot read the database.

There is an "sqlite" package for N900 in extras-devel.  You will need to
install it using apt-get.  It can manipulate the GPE databases.

If you really want to do this, here are some hints:

1) Take a copy of .gpe/calendar before you start.  And then take another copy
of it, just in case :-)

2) Type "sqlite .gpe/calendar".  Then type ".help" (don't forget the dot).
Then ".schema".  After this you are pretty much on your own.  Don't try
touching anything other than the "events" table.  Even for that bear in mind
that you don't want to delete recurring events that happen to start in the
past if they are still going (I would not delete any recurring event,
personally).

You might want to ask on the GPE list if anyone has any suggestions for the
SQL to use.

3) When you mess it up, go back to one of the backup copies you took in step
1!

By the way, you obviously don't want to be doing this while gpe-calendar is
running.  It is OK if the home page widget is running because it only opens
the database read-only and it re-opens it if it changes.

Graham