Re: Forced Upgrade to N900 from N810

On Tuesday 19 January 2010 22:33:24 Peter Flynn wrote:
> Graham Cobb wrote:
> > The N900 comes with contacts and calendar/todo apps so it is not clear
> > the GPE apps are very useful on the N900.
>
> I wouldn't want to bet on it. I haven't seen the N900 PIMs but if they
> are as poor as the N800 ones were, GPE is going to be essential.

The N900 ones are quite good.  But, of course, there are a few differences
from GPE (better and worse).

> BTW are you going to issue an update for the GPE apps for OS2008 at all,
> or are they now dead? I'll be using my N800 for a good while yet, and I
> rely on GPE.

I certainly intend to issue new versions with accumulated bugfixes (I have
fixed some common bugs while doing the N900 port).  And I intend to continue
supporting the chinook/diablo version for some time to come.  But that
probably only means fixing major bugs.

> No showstoppers, but a way to export and then erase
> historical data up to the most recent 31st Dec would be nice :-)

Sorry, no plans for that.  But if you can persuade someone to create a patch I
would be happy to include it.

Graham