Re: Forced Upgrade to N900 from N810

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 00:07:19 +0000
Graham Cobb <g+770@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thursday 14 January 2010 16:01:47 Peter Bart wrote:
> > Where might I find GPE?
>
> Peter,
>
> The GPE apps for Fremantle are in "extras-testing", meaning that they
> are effectively in "Beta" status.  I have found and fixed a number of
> problems and new versions will be created soon, I hope.  Note that
> they have (mostly) not been ported to be finger-friendly (you will
> see what I mean when you try them).
>
> The N900 comes with contacts and calendar/todo apps so it is not
> clear the GPE apps are very useful on the N900.  But I do intend to
> eventually get them into Extras.
>
> Graham

Dear Graham,
    Thanks very much, I found them. I almost got them from your site;
    since the repositories were unavailable; but I concentrated on
    getting my backup n800 up instead. I did see the n900 comes with
    built in utilities, but I'm assuming they are going to be of
    limited use for me. At any rate all my data is tied up in GPE
    database anyway. Thanks very much.

--
Best Regards,

Peter The Plumber