Limit the email client to a x period

Hi I submitted this bug which I wonder if there is any interested
beside mine to support. The request for a feature to limit the amount
of email retrieved from the maemo client.

Most people dont need all our Inbox and specially on a mobile client,
not even the header. So my request is for a tool that allow me to have
a 1 month/week inbox that I can retrieve from IMAP or POP.

I am not sure if this is possible at all because I am not a guru of
the email system or how it works but the goal is to just be able to
check the latest email without waiting too much for the client to
recieve all the updates or store any of them.

--
Kahlil Johnson
"Ya tengo GMAIL!!"