Re: Umlauts on English Keyboard

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 02:55:38PM +0100, Dave Neary wrote:

> > I am wondinging if anybody know if I can get Umlauts on an English
> > Keyboard, i.e. replace some of the blue symbols by umlauts and
> > move the blue symbols to the onscreen-keyboard for symbols.
> Isn't this related to what Alberto did to remap the arrow keys? A
> similar hack would work for the umlaut, wouldn't it?

Exactly. I don't know how to change the layout of the onscreen
keyboard, though (Joaquim might know the answer).

However you don't need it. If you have an English keyboard just add
the new symbols to the arrow keys.

More info and examples here:

http://blogs.igalia.com/berto/2009/12/17/remapping-the-n900-arrow-keys/

In the first comment Conny explains how to add umlauts.

Berto