Re: Slow writes from linux to N900 in USB Mass Storage Mode

Hi,

On Sun, 2009-12-27 at 22:38 +0100, ext Paul Hartman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using linux kernel 2.6.32 on my PC and mount N900 in mass storage
> mode using vfat (async).
>
> If I write one file then sync/umount, write speed is about 17MB/sec,
> same as I get on Windows Vista. However, if I write more than one file
> and then sync/umount, speed is terrible, around 2MB/sec (and in kernel
> 2.6.31 that speed was about 450kb/sec using the old pdflush code). So
> it seems linux is maybe creating multiple write streams and N900
> doesn't deal with that well at all.

There has been some USB speed-ups since the sales release, but I'm not
sure if they fix this multiple file copying problem. I think it's best
to file a bug to maemo.org, so Maemo kernel guys get the word (I think
too few of them read this mailing list).

-Kimmo