Re: Contact imports

David Greaves wrote:
What about Fumabol? Have anyone tried that?
http://www.funambol.com/opensource/

You're not alone :)

Although we linux users are seen as a key community and development
resource, we're sadly rather unsupported when it comes to contacts.

Yep. I'm open to anything (even if I have to setup my own OpenLdap...)

David "must have no friends 'cos he's a linux user" Greaves

Here I know exactly how you feel...The issue is that beyond a certain point it is very hard to go back to a proprietary environment. You get more and more addicted to customization, helping others out and even suggesting some changes. Anyway, it is a very good feeling to know that most apps that you might ever want are just an aptitude (or mouse click) away...

I'm very excited by the N900 device just because of this: it is the first time there is fully operational, unlocked and free (as in install and change whatever you want) Linux phone. And it seems it is not a bit inferior to other smartphones, either. I still haven't put my hands on it, though. It is on the way.

I'm just getting ahead of myself. I've played a little with the SDK. I've read some info. I'm also trying to prepare for a holly grail: be able to sync it with Linux!

> >play with (I use Debian and Kubuntu on all my personal and work
> >computers).

> So you own a Windows phone but not a Windows desktop OS  ;)
It is indeed funny when you look at that this way...When I've bought the WM5 phone I thought it was just a phone with some interesting features (touchscreen, possibility of installing a few things, etc) and that Windows wouldn't get in the way. I was somewhat mistaken. :-(

Anyway, thanks for everybody's hints.

Cheers,
Luis