Re: N900 $510

Mark wrote:
> N900 $510
> http://www.buy.com/prod/nokia-n900-unlocked-maemo-internet-tablet-3g-phone-panoramic-desktop/q/loc/12435/212003401.html?adid=17582
>
> Note that there is no mention of the fact that 3.5G is network
> dependent and NOT quadband.

Hey, Mark, you mistyped https://ssl.buy.com/ac/contact/contactlogin.aspx
as maemo-users@xxxxxxxxx

Easy mistake.

> Even at this very discounted price, it's
> still way too expensive for most people.

Would you please give me your opinion on the price of Ferrari's too. They're
expensive and they break down a lot. I guess they've got no chance of commercial
success.

> If they get it below $200
> locked and $300 unlocked it might have a chance, but at these prices
> it's going to sell very poorly.

Amazing insight into economic theory there. But don't you think they'd sell even
more at $50 each unlocked?

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."