Re: Modest doesn't update one IMAP account anymore

Hi,

ext Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 12.11.2009, 13:48 +0200 schrieb Kimmo Hämäläinen:
>
>> I had some problems with Modest before as well, but looking at the
>> syslog (/var/log/syslog) helped me. If you don't have that file, you
>> might want to "apt-get install klogd sysklogd" and check the log when
>> Modest tries to connect.
>
> Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything useful,
> because modest didn't send anything to syslog. Do I need to reboot the
> device or something else? Or should modest just send messages their out
> of the box?
>
> I have also a question regarding syslog. Do I need to clean up syslogs
> by my own or changing settings, so the root partition won't run full?

You need to clean the logs yourself, but they should be rotated on
reboot, if they're too large.

NOTE: As syslog is run as root, it can fill the rootfs completely
(some space is reserved for root only).  If that happens, the device
may not boot up and you need to reflash it.
-> I would run syslog only when directly debugging something

	 - Eero