Re: Help with Maemo Virtual Image Install Documentation

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 01:58:43PM -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Well I finally got the Maemo SDK Virtual Image installed. A very
> frustrating experience, having been mislead repeatedly by the
> documentation and the install script. More by errors of omission.
> Everything actually DID work, and I now have Ubuntu installed in a
> virtualbox, but man it was FRUSTRATING.
>

> <semi-rant begins>

<snip begins>

> </semi-rant>

<snip some more, snip snip>

A nice gentleman has created a VPC image:

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/PC/vpc-sdk/

And converting a VPC image to a vbox image isn't complicated. I think it was these instructions I followed:

http://www.sevenforge.com/2009/02/04/virtual-pc/

Or if the finger you use to click links is injured:

$ qemu-img convert -O raw start.vhd intermediate.bin
$ vboxmanage convertdd intermediate.bin final.vdi
$ vboxmanage modifyvdi final.vdi compact

--
import sig