3g/2g setting and data roaming

Hi.

A question for people with a N900 and a 3G subscription, H3G preferably:
can you set the network mode (3g vs 2g vs dual) *separately* for voice
and data?

H3G Italy does not have perfect UMTS coverage so they give free roaming,
but only for voice calls, while data traffic on other network is outside
the data plan. I'd like to be able to tell the phone to only use UMTS
for data and whatever goes for voice calls.

However hard I looked, I only found a master switch for the network mode
that doesn't differentiate between voice and data and bugzilla has
nothing on that.

Comments?

A.