Re: Transfering contacts to N900

Hi,

Dave Neary wrote:
> I have a related question, I can't figure out how to get the phone to
> sync contacts from a SyncML service. Anyone know what I need to do?

Answering my own question, I found this page on Google:
http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/topic.py?topic=14298

The S60 instructions appear to be compatible with my Nokia N900, which
doesn't appear to have a SyncML option that I can find, but
unfortunately, the process doesn't conclude successfully.

In the Mail for Exchange set-up wizard, I set the following values:

Email address: me@xxxxxxxxx
User name: me@xxxxxxxxx
Password: MyGr8P4sswd (Oops! accidental cleartext)
Domain: Blank

<Next>

I get asked to open a wlan connection, which I do, and in the next page
I put in:

Server: m.google.com
Port: 443
Secure connection: Yes.

But in this screen, when I hit next, the connection just times out, and
I get an error message.

Any hints & tips from people for whom this works?

Cheers,
Dave.

PS. /me sees a need for "moving your old data to your new device" wiki
page, with different methods for different old phones & desktops.

--
maemo.org docsmaster
Email: dneary@xxxxxxxxx