Re: parking space @ maemo summit 2009?

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 15:03:49 +0300
Quim Gil <quim.gil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ext Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> > Hi,
> > does anyone know if there is sufficient parking space at the
> > conference?
>
> Yes, just in front of WesterGasFabriek
> http://www.q-park.nl/tabid/657/qparkParkingLocatorvw1094/parkingDetail/ParkingID/613/language/nl-NL/Default.aspx
>

> > and is it free?
>
> There will be free speech and even some free beer in the Summit, but
> no free parking. It's still Amsterdam city.

Thanks.
However, since we were able to get a room in the ibis hotel (thanks
Nokia!) my plans will change a bit.

Is there parking space at/around the hotel, and at which price?
I can check with the hotel guys myself but maybe you guys have some
good tips?  (couldn't find it on their website)

Also I saw the hotel is only 2km away from the conf so if there's no
rain this should be doable by foot.
did anyone already thought about this/planned something/.. ? couldn't
find anything on the wiki.
if it's raining we could maybe carpool ibis<->conf. or is public
transport better (cheaper)? what are the prices?

Dieter