Re: best way to get a n900 in Belgium?

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 17:37 -0600, Mark wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Peter Flynn <peter.flynn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Laurent Léonard wrote:
> >> I'm also interested in that piece of information. I contacted the 2 official
> >> Nokia resellers in Brussels, but I got an answer only from one and he has no
> >> information at all about the N900, its price or availability in Belgium.
> >
> > I asked three Nokia stores in Ireland (and two in the UK on a recent
> > visit) and none of them had ever heard of the N900.
> >
> > I showed them my N800 and they'd never seen or heard of one before. One
> > guy asked if it was an iPhone...he was impressed; he'd never seen a
> > pocket computer before...
> >
> > Someone in Nokia Marketing needs to send out some info to someone...
> >
> > ///Peter
>
> Actually, that's the way they like it. They aren't interested in
> making a consumer device, only developer's toys that will never be
> complete or polished to the level that the average consumer can make
> good use of it.
>
> I am often asked about my N800 too. I tell them what it is, but I'm
> careful not to recommend it to people that I know wouldn't be able to
> make the best of it.

Just see the bright side: having an N900 will make you unique :)

Anyway, I'm pretty interested in buying one sooner than later too (if
possible avoiding the ridiculous +50€ we have to pay in France compared
to the rest of Europe). Anyone knows about the availability of the
beast, when and how to get it ?

Thanks,
	Xav