Re: How to best partition the external memory card

2009/9/27 Alejandro López <listas.apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi all,
>
> some time ago I replaced in my N810 my old 1Gb SanDisk memory card by a new 4Gb Class-4 Micro-SDHC (with an adaptor) Kingston memory
> card and partitioned it to have just one big partition which I formated in FAT32 (standard maemo tools). Since then I find my tablet
> a bit slow (slower than before), specially when writing; and some things do not work as expected (i.e. the media player starts
> updating the media library but will never end).
>
> Since I read in this list that Class 4 should be enough for the N810, I was wondering if it could be the way I partitioned the
> memory card that is posing the problem. Should I have partitioned it in several smaller partitions? Which is the recommended size
> for a partition?
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks.
> Alejandro

I've had an 8Gb Class 6 SDHC (actually two) in my N800 since shortly
after I got it. They are FAT32 formatted. I have had zero trouble with
them. However, I finally disabled metalayer-crawler because it
completely takes over the system for several minutes on bootup. If
you've added lots of media files on your new card that may be your
problem, in other words there's not really anything wrong other than
bad programming and you probably can't do much about it. I'm using
YouAmp and mplayer instead of the worthless built-in media player
(which becomes unresponsive in a short time - it keeps playing but
trying to click any controls is an exercise in extreme frustration).

Mark