Re: Internal memory card is read-only

Hi,

thanks for your hints. I have a corrupted file called "map" which isn't
readable.fsck thrown some errors and I let repair it. It seems ok again.
How can I format it? Is there something tablet specific?

Btw. Shouldn't Maemo report such problems and help the user to fix it?

Regards,

Keywan

Am Mittwoch, den 09.09.2009, 00:45 +0200 schrieb Attila Csipa:
> On Tuesday 08 September 2009 23:20:16 Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni wrote:
> > my internal memory card is read only, but in the "Memory"-Settings (from
> > Control panel) the checkbox isn't activated. I tried to restart the
> > device, but after reboot it's still read-only. I can remount it to
> > read-write, but after one action it's read-only again. Any idea?
>
> Try checking the filesystem, spontaneous switches to read-only mode can be
> signs of FS corruption.
Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni
http://www.prometoys.net

people@world:/# apt-get --purge remove capitalism
After unpacking world will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially beneficial
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as We say!'