Re: N900/Maemo 5 review

Peter Flynn wrote:
> [Sebastian]
>> for me the big question is... Will I be
>> able to install an XTERM application?...
>> Will I be able to install a GNU shell,
>> like BASH?... and even more important
>> than that... Will I be able to login as
>> ROOT?
>
> These too are deal-breakers. No shell means no go, period. No Emacs, no TeX...
>
>> If not, then for me it's just another
>> powerful PDA...
>
> It wouldn't even be that; it would simply be a useless box of junk.

Maybe holding the unjustified vitriol until you read the reply that came *3
minutes* after the post? (and well over an hour before you posted).

Especially since one of the best bits of community marketing from Quim was:

$ jailbreak
jailbreak: not found
$ sudo gainroot
#

Which incidentally means you can build and install your own java interpreter. I
look forward to seeing your java4maemo package; since Nokia gave you exactly
what you asked for.

You *do* intend to do that for the community don't you?

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."