Re: Trouble getting Maemo to run

Hi.

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:13:47 +0200
Syren Baran <sbaran@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i followed the instructions to get maemo to run. All went fine until i
> tried to get the UI up and running. The command af-sb-init.sh start
> failed with the following output.
> ---snip---
> Note: For remote X connections DISPLAY should contain hostname!
> Sample files present.
> Starting DBUS system bus
> Starting D-BUS session bus daemon
> Starting Maemo Launcher: maemo-launcher.
> maemo-launcher: warning raising the oom shield for pid=10336
> status=5632 Starting Sapwood image server
> Starting hildon-desktop
> maemo-launcher: invoking '/usr/bin/hildon-home.launch'
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":2.0".
> [msg repeated several times]
> sapwood-server[10348]: GLIB INFO default - server started
> maemo-launcher: invoking '/usr/bin/hildon-input-method.launch'
> Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":2.0".
> [msg repeated several times]
> matchbox: No composite extension
> matchbox-window-manager: *Error*  OOM?
> ---snip---
>
> Is it a problem with my X-server configuration, or with Xephyrs? Would
> appreciate some help here.

A bit more of information would be nice, for example:
* What version of Maemo are you using?
* What target are you using to launch the GUI? ARMEL or X86?

With this error I think you're running Maemo 5, and you're starting
Xephyr with -extension Composite enabled, it isn't supported in Maemo 5.
But well, this is just a guess with the information you're giving, and
the problem could be other.

Regards.
--
Daniel Martin Yerga