Re: Full screen non-Hildon X applications possible?

Tim Teulings wrote:
> Hello!
>
>> Did you find out how to do this? Googling returns nothing except this
>> thread, a lot of repo listings, and some pages in japanese...
>
> Hildon/the window manager follows the freedesktop WM spec.
>
> See:
>
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/1.4/ar01s05.html#id2569140
>
> You have to set the _NET_WM_STATE property to _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN
> to get the window resized to full screen. You can either do this from
> within the application (like hildon does when pressing the full screen
> button), or try to write a tool for it.

This implies that you have to modify the source for the application and
recompile, right?

I'm not trying that with Emacs :-) Although one of the Japanese pages
does have some eLisp code

> (defun toggle-full-screen ()
>  (shell-command "~/bin/wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b toggle,fullscreen"))
> (global-set-key (quote [f6])(quote toggle-full-screen))

I stuck that in my .emacs but Emacs doesn't like the syntax of the last
line for some reason; claiming an error commandp, toggle-full-screen.
But that's not a problem for this list...time to ask Usenet...

///Peter