Re: Booting from a flash card

At Sat, 18 Jul 2009 23:08:28 +0200,
Frantisek Dufka wrote:

> Rainer Dorsch wrote:
>
> > It says "Booting from mmc (mmcblk0p2 ext2)"
>
> That's strange, see below
>

> > I think I have to understand bootmenu.conf and bootmenu.sh better. I think
> > they are not consistent on my setup, which might cause the problems (?)
>
> bootmenu.conf is executed after all MENU_X_XXX settings in bootmenu.sh
> so bootmenu.conf overrides bootmenu.sh.

(I hope I can jump in here...)

My menu settings are correct (defined in bootmenu.conf) but the
default boot selection is the flash memory as it is first in the list.
Can I change the bootmenu.sh so that MENU_IDX starts with a specific
number (i.e. 2 in my case for my internal memory card) instead of
MENU_MIN to have the internal memory card be the default?

That is, would this be a safe way of changing the default?

Thanks,
eric