Xournal porting / Fremantle / Harmattan

Hi

I have read, as everyone, the interesting (and somewhat expected) news
that Maemo's switching to Qt with Harmattan.

I am still not sure, and I'm still in the process of making up my mind
about this, but it could affect my porting of Xournal to Fremantle.

Porting an application to Fremantle takes time. Unfortunately since
I've started working in London I do not have that much spare time
(even when I do, I prefer to dedicate most of it to my partner).

I do not know if I have enough motivation to make this work for
Fremantle knowing I'll have to do it again for Harmattan (and this
time from scratch).
I'd rather start doing the Qt port now and wait for Harmattan.
Moreover, this adds to the fact that I can't run Fremantle full speed
on my netbook (not because it doesn't have enough power, but because
of an issue with the Intel driver and Clutter that I couldn't find a
solution for).

True, Harmattan won't be ready for a while, but I don't think it'd be
that much time before it's going to be released (a year?)

Anyway, the two issues added together are impacting severely my
motivation for doing the work.
If someone's willing to step in, I'll send him the source code (sorry
about it not being available, but I've lost the source code related to
Xournal for Chinook, and the code for Diablo is a bit messed up) and
she can start from there.

I will have a look soon at what actually are the changes for Fremantle
and I will confirm my decision at that time.

Sorry about that.

--
anidel