Re: Alter advanced boot

At Sun, 05 Jul 2009 10:58:11 -0400,
sean wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> 	I setup my system to boot from the internal memory card I just
> installed. Nice seeing all that memory available.
> It works great but I would like to alter two things, and I am not sure
> of the best way to do it after all is in place.
>
> I would like to reduce the default timeout period it waits before
> booting the default partition.
>
> Next, even though I followed the instructions here,
> http://wiki.maemo.org/Booting_from_a_flash_card and told it to boot from
> the internal memory card as default, the listed default partition is the
> external memory card slot, and I do not even have a card installed there
> on my N800 running latest Diablo.
>
> Unfortunately it is not as simple as altering grub, so is anyone able to
> shed some light on the answers for me?

I'm interested in the solution to this problem as well.  I would like
to boot from my internal memory card but, for some reason, the boot
sequence defaults to the flash disk, even though I'm sure I said
otherwise when setting up the boot parameters.

Being paranoid, my timeout period is long enough luckily...

Thanks,
eric