Re: Default Contact Application

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Peter Flynn<peter.flynn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> sean wrote:
>> Is there a way to change the default Contact application from the built
>> in one to something else, in this case I am trying out GPE Contacts?
>
> I don't think it's possible, but I have a dim recollection of someone
> posting a long time ago to say it *was* possible, just difficult.
>
>> While here, can you somehow change the default application for any need?

I vaguely remember some talk about mime-types and being able to
specify apps to open different types of files, but don't know the
details or have that particular need myself. I don't think the default
apps can be changed because it's hardcoded into the OS. I'm really
fuzzy on that stuff, though. You might want to search the Internet
Tablet Talk forums. There's some really good stuff on there, and the
Maemo wiki as well.

Mark