Re: Wiki Page on Navigation Tools for Maemo

Hi
I am also trying to use Navit on my tablet but I have still some questions :
- GUI
  The GTK one wotkw well but "internal" although promising is a bit disappointing !
  How initiate a roure from that GUI ?
  The menu you can invoke have items that
    - either do not work    - or seems to work but do not record the preferences for instance
- Routing
  I have not succeeded to initiate a route : either specifying a location as "destination"  or trying the destination window does not work
As for the XML file, I find it very useful and clear !
DC
Christoph Eckert a écrit :> Hi,> >> http://wiki.maemo.org/Navigation_Tools> > concerning Navit, it automatically routes if it has a gps fix and a > destination. A destination can either be set by pressing on the map and > selecting "set as destination" from the appearing context menu, or via the > address search.> > Navit looks promising, but it requires some extra coding for the tablets > still. Editing the XML file is not "acceptable" for the average user, but > this theoretically could be solved by providing an adjusted config file via > the nightly builds. However, someone then needs to keep the default and the > adjusted config file in sync. Or the nightly build must do some sed magic.> > The mailing lists are pretty useless, but the main communication channel for > navit is on IRC. You will find the core hackers there as well as some users.> > HTH,> > ce> > _______________________________________________> maemo-users mailing list> maemo-users@xxxxxxxxx> https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users>