Re: Maemo-Mapper and Map Storage

I had a problem a few months back about Open Street Map crashing and not starting up. Turned out to be that my internal memory was full. Placed all the Maps on my external storage card, works fine now.

Denis
--------------------------------------
sik vis paw kem, para bellum
--------------------------------------
oderint dum metuant
--------------------------------------
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!" -LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Jamie Bennett <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9 Jun 2009, at 18:45, Mark wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 11:14 AM, R. A.
> Bilonick<rab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Would it be better to clone the OS on the flash card to the external
>> memory card and boot from there, or would it be better to store all
>> the
>> maps on the external memory card? Or the internal memory? I
>> downloaded
>> maps for London and now I've run out of space on the N810 (latest
>> version of Diablo, Dec. 2009).
>>
>> Rick B.
>>

> My advice would be to store the maps on the external memory card. If
> you run out of room there, you can always get a bigger card and just
> copy everything straight over and keep on going.

Definitely.

External memory cards are getting cheaper by the day so carrying a lot
of maps on an external card is very viable now-a-days.

> Mark

Regards,
Jamie.
--