note taking app?

My n810 let me down this evening.  I was taking minutes at the condo
meeting, and I decided to bring the N810 and all the cables and adaptors
necessary to connect a keyboard to it and take the notes on that.  (One
of the reasons I love computers so much is that I'm a competent typist,
and practically illiterate from the point of view of being able to read
my own handwriting any amount of time later.)

Ideally, I'd have emacs, but I read up on installing it and it sounded
like more work than I wanted to do at that time, so I don't.

So I looked at "Utilities", and it had something called notepad, which I
opened up and typed on for about 5 minutes and then it crashed.

So I took the rest of the notes by hand.

But what do people use to take notes?

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad@xxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

When people talk about "write what you know" instead of writing SF, I
always say that the one thing we're all qualified to write is the
story of being thirteen years old and surrounded by aliens.

Jo Walton in her review of "Survivor" by Octavia Butler on the Tor Blog