Re: Maps

Stephen Gadsby wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 3:06 AM, jeremy J Swarm <screaminike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I uninstalled Maps and deleted the maps dir on the
>> local storage to free up space. I've since decided
>> to try a number of gps apps, and cannot seem to
>> download usa east maps.
>>

> Until recently, they were available for download at:
> http://www.navicoretech.com/Consumer/Support/Downloads/tablet/en_GB/wfnavigator/
>
> However, I'm not able to connect to the site this morning. With luck,
> it is only a temporary problem. You might try that URL now and again
> to see.
>
>    -stephen

AFAIK, the Navicore maps only work with the application that ships with
the tablets. You don't say what app you're having download trouble with.
I've never had any trouble with Maemo Mapper. RoadMap does have some
issues with random tiles - there are several gaps in my vicinity that
I've never succeeded in downloading. I never really got NavIT to work
right, either. I loaded the huge "world" file, but it only displayed a
tiny area. CarMan seems to work very much like Maemo Mapper, but without
much of the functionality (as far as navigation goes, anyway).

Mark