Re: How About Google Maps for Mobile for the IT?

Actually I didn't start the comparison thread in the first place and
secondly Maemo Mapper does not plan to substitute Google Maps and
offers (well, actually it doesn't) you the possibility to "also" use
Google's maps.

Maemo Mapper is something different, it was never, I think, intended
to replace a turn-by-turn specific device.
In fact, many people use it to keep track of the, well, track.
And many people do not move that often away from a particular area
(like me in London) and have maps specific for that region does not
actually occupies much space. In fact, it does the opposite.
My full Wayfinder map of England I am sure is bigger than the stored
London maps in Maemo Mapper.
I am sure I will never need much of the vector data of England I have
sitting in my device.

Aniello

anidel