Re: gpe Calendar

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 12:39 PM, OgnenD <ognen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Friday 13 March 2009 14:37:07 Mark wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:36 AM, lakestevensdental
>>
>> <lakestevensdental@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > You might try Erming sync program and change your Google calendar
>> > settings there.  In theory, when you update, it will fix your GPE
>> > settings, without GPE running.
>>
>> No dice. The problem is that I put an invalid URL into the
>> subscription field in gpe calendar itself, which makes it fail when it
>> tries to update when the program starts. Apparently it doesn't know
>> how to handle that gracefully, so instead of an error message it just
>> crashes.
>>
>> I know that's the problem because that's the only thing that changed
>> when the crashing started.
>>
>> Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help, either. If I could just
>> find the file that stores the subscription info and manually remove
>> the bad URL and associated settings everything would be fine.
>>
>> I fixed the crashing by locating and removing the calendar database,
>> but now the calendar just remains blank and the Erminig updates aren't
>> repopulating gpe. Sigh...
>>
>> Mark
>
> Can you spell "unfinished software"? Why do I need two pieces of software to
> run one calendar? Blah.
>
> Ognen

Actually, the gpe calendar works just fine by itself (when the id10t
at the keyboard doesn't do something incredibly stupid...). Erminig
only lets you sync it with Google calendar, and is very simple and
works very well. Exactly two clicks to do the update, and setting up a
calendar is a piece of cake.

Apps can't always be set up out of the box to work with unrelated apps/data...

...So anyway I removed the entries from Erminig and re-added them
(took all of a minute), and now everything is hunkey-dorey again!
(Apparently the sync process remembers events that have been synced
and not changed and doesn't waste bandwidth re-syncing them.)

Mark