Re: Unpairing BT keyboard?

"Faheem Pervez" <trippin1@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Pairings are saved in /var/lib/bluetooth

In the "names" file, "Apple Wireless Keyboard" is entered.

> and under the gconf key /system/bluetooth/device.

This does not seem to exist.  Neither in ~/.gconf2/... nor in
/etc/gconf2/...

> On 12/29/08, kenneth marken <kemarken@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Karl Eichwalder wrote:

>>> Thus far, I received advises to go to the Control Panel > Bluetooth.
>>> But in the BT settings dialog no paired device is listed.  If I click
>>> New, my Apple keyboard is found.  If I select it and accept the proposed
>>> passcode, if always failed pairing.
>>>
>>> It worked some time ago.
>>>
>> have you tried entering the proposed code into the keyboard and hitting
>> enter/return?
>> that is, if the tablet shows 1234, you enter 1234 using the bluetooth
>> keyboards number keys and then hit said keyboards enter/return key.

Sounds like a plan.  As long as enter the numbers, nothing happens.
Then pressing enter/return, the "Passcode" field gets blanked and the
cursor blinks...

And now, the miracle!  Entering some numbers with the N810 keys and then
repeating those on the BT keyboard resulted in paired devices!  I'm not
sure if I actually pressed enter/return on both devices.

Thanks for all your help!

--
Karl Eichwalder