Re: Problem using ssh on N800

On Saturday 14 February 2009 11:18:57 Faheem Pervez wrote:
> I had the same problem, where ssh would hang on my old router with "debug2:
> channel 0: open confirm rwindow 0 rmax 32768". I recompiled openssh with a
> fix: http://qwerty12.maemobox.org/openssh_badrouter_fix/ and it worked for
> me. 3 people (that I know of have tested it successfully): me, anders_gud &
> tybor. I don't know about anders_gud but both me and tybor were using
> netgear routers. I have since replaced my router with a thomson one and ssh
> works fine without patching.

Just FYI: In an off-list email, Faheem kindly pointed me to
http://fixunix.com/openssh/180841-re-conectivity-problems-affecting-openssh-ssh-clients-but-not-other.html
which explains the problem and mentions that an alternative workround is to
install netcat and then use:

ssh -o "ProxyCommand nc %h %p" yourserver

This might be an alternative if you prefer not to install a non-standard ssh
and only need the workround in some particular circumstances.

Graham