Re: Amazon Shopping App

you'll probably like this if you've not seen it on the Turks -
http://waxy.org/2008/11/the_faces_of_mechanical_turk/

Shopsavvy is very cool.  I scanned a few things in Target and it
showed me pricing and location of stores nearby.  Super quick even on
EDGE which is all TMO was kind enough to implement in the 'burbs

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:39 PM, John Holmblad
<jholmblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> so that suggests that Amazon may be absorbing the cost of the Turks which
> makes sense given that the app drives business to the Amazon www site.
>
>  This app may actually be more useful than the much touted bar code reading
> Shopsavvy app for the TMobile G1.
>
>     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgkSZS6o050
>

> And I wonder where those Turks are located, given the price at which Amazon
> is probably buying their services.
>

> Best Regards,
>

> John Holmblad
>

> Acadia Secure Networks, LLC
>

> Jonathan Greene wrote:
>
> It's powered by Mechanical Turk (humans)
>
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 12:40 PM, John Holmblad
> <jholmblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> All,
>
> fyi. While doing some shopping at Amazon.com I came across the following
> new App for the Iphone:
>
>    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000291661
>

> I wonder if it can find/read bar codes in the images?
>
> It would seem that Amazon would have no problem with an open source
> version of this App if, in fact, it is not already opensource.
>
> --
>
> Best Regards,
>

> John Holmblad
>

> Acadia Secure Networks, LLC