Re: [ANN] Script to convert waypoints to MaemoMapper POIs

That's great, except I don't get over to Europe that much. Plus I've got a dedicated nav system for the car.

 Personally, I think it would be nice if there were some sort of GPS topo application for backpacking on and off trail.  Toss in a small solar panel that hangs on the top of my pack while hiking, and I'd be good to go...   A bit nerdish, but who cares when your hiking balls out, way off trail in the high Yosemite backcountry?

Always, Fred C

Christoph Eckert wrote:
Hi,

I've just written a small Ruby script which can convert GPX waypoints to a
sqlite file to be used in MaemoMapper:
http://www.christeck.de/wp/?page_id=236

Additionally I have updated the POIs for europe this weekend, so there's some
material to play with the above script :) :
http://www.christeck.de/wp/?page_id=43

Hope you like it,

ce