Re: Application Manager broken? /var/lib/apt/lists

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:51:44 +0000
<Spencer.GOH@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I open the application manager -> Updates, I get a completely
> empty list - nothing available for update When I browse applications
> likewise, the list is completely empty. I've tried disabling every
> single repository via the GUI and adding back only the standard Nokia
> repos, but even that doesn't work.. still have no applications listed.
>
> In the log I see.
>     /var/lib/apt/lists.new/partial is missing
>
> I looked for /var/lib/apt/lists  but it seems somehow the filesystem
> is corrupted. [lists] is not visible via ls, i had input/output error.
> trying to mv lists{,.bak}
> gives a "cannot stat" type error.
>
> Has anyone had this before? what might have triggered this?  How do I
> fix this? I was thinking of running e2fsck, as I read somewhere, but
> I've not got a huge experience with linux, and want to be careful
> before running any fsck commands. i have e2fsck installed, but not
> sure which device to run it against for mmc2

	Search is your friend on this one. The answer may be different depending on your version. Check to make sure you don't have two of the same repository installed.  Good luck.

Best Regards
--
Peter The Plumber sm

Sent from a mobile Internet Tablet