Re: Itouch v N8x0

On Wednesday 24 December 2008 12:11:27 pm Matt Emson wrote:
> On 23 Dec 2008, at 23:42, lakestevensdental wrote:
> >  I don't expect my tablet (or Itouch) to play my audio books.
>
> Most audiobooks I buy are from Audible. They support pretty much every
> player under the sun, and prices are not over the top.

I sent an email to audible about 6 months ago asking them to either support
maemo or publish an api so someone could write an opensource version.  They
emailed back saying something like "we don't provide" software for each
platform, the platform has to.  So I guess in the case of audible either
nokia will do it under some sort of nda/binary and audible  isn't willing to
allow it to be done in a different way.  I even tried to explain that I'm
sure myself as well as others would purchase books through  their service if
only it was available for my hardware platform of choice.

just two cents

tim