Re: Itouch v N8x0

Matt Emson wrote:
> The app store is no different in intent for distro of apps than Maemo.org. Different front end, but the intent is similar. "Here are apps in categories to install..."

I agree the "intent" is no different for the app store vs Maemo,
assuming you're not counting the garage, which has quite a number of
apps in a variety of states of utility.

I'm not sure how other's find the garage -- to me it's a mess that's
barely comprehensible by most any non-geek.  I'd not use it, except that
where some of the gem's are found.

While the 'intent' between the app store and Maemo is similar, most
would probably agree that the app store is a lot more end-user friendly
than Maemo.  The app store's graphical web info is readily viewed in the
Ipod's browser, there's no repositories to hunt down to confuse anyone,
all of the Apple app's use a relatively similar marketing and click to
download format.   Free and Paid are easily separated by a click.

Maemo could evolve more in the app store's direction, IMHO.

Always, Fred C