Re: Music Player Exasperation

On Monday 01 December 2008, Martin Grimme wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm the the developer of MediaBox. Thanks for your mail. The next

> version of MediaBox will read FLAC tags and sort by track number, so

> that you don't have to encode the number in the filenames. Your mail

> reminded me to make track number sorting work with FLAC properly.

Glad it helped! Overall I like the program. This one feature was a real pain for me at first. I wanted to take the soundtrack to "Umbrellas of Cherbourg" with me to listen to and it includes the entire vocal track to the film, so I wanted it in order and was having a fit trying to add the tracks in order. As I said, renaming them solved it. But if you add reading in FLAC tags and letting us sort, that's going to be just fantastic and I don't think any other players out there let you do it.

Just an interesting note. When I had only one album loaded in and was trying to sort my tracks, I didn't see much to it, which was mainly because I couldn't do the one thing I needed. Once I added a number of albums to the memory card, including a number of old radio shows and a lot of pics (I had just grabbed an SD card that had been in a camera), I was amazed at how easy it was to flip through albums, find what I needed, and play that album. The same for photos.

Thanks for the hard work on it!

Hal