Re: Free42 Still not Installing on N800/OS2008

Hi.

On 26 Nov 2008 12:38:24 +0100
Tommy Persson <tpe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I added the chinook extra repository manually I could install
> it. So the question is why clicking on the install button did not add
> the repository.

Because you are using the Diablo version, and not the Chinook one.
The logic is use Diablo repositories with Diablo.

> I had one extra repository enabled with no distribution so maybe that
> blocked the adding of the correct one? Should I have this extra
> repository with no distribution enabled?

If you are using Chinook, that blank line will use the Chinook
repositories, if you are using Diablo that blank line will use Diablo
repositories.
The blank distribution allow you use the right version of the
repository if you are upgrading from Chinook to Diablo. You don't
need change that line in every repository you have installed.

> And what is the status now running diablo. Should I have chinook extra
> enabled at all?

No, but a big No ;)
It isn't nothing recommendable mix repositories from different
versions, use SDK repositories in the devices, and so on.

The problem with Free42 is, again, a forgetful maintainer of the
software what or haven't had time to upload it to the Diablo
repositories or hasn't worried for the users.

I'll take a look and will upload a Free42 package to the Diablo
repository.

--
Daniel Martin Yerga
http://yerga.net