Re: N810 dead?

Hi,

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Mike Sherman <mike.sherman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>> This morning I turned it on and the boot screen comes on and then the
>> brightness drops (as usual) and then it goes black.

Device is turned off, display isn't just very, very dark?

Are you sure the device charged properly?
(maybe the device charger cable is broken?)

>> The corner light
>> comes on during the boot (I think it supposed to) in the white with
>> blue and green tinges.  But that's all it does.

So there's no progress bar at the bottom of the screen (which comes
shortly after rootfs is mounted)?  If not, this would most likely
be a problem either with mounting the rootfs or battery handling.

ext Aniello Del Sorbo wrote:
> Not sure, but maybe you ran out of space on the device when saving
> the 7hrs long trace ?

To cause bootup problems there should be also some (3rd party) root
process that fills the disk, user processes cannot fill the device
full enough to prevent boot.

I would also expect it to cause the device to enter reboot loop
if there's no space even for root to write anything.

	- Eero