Re: Connecting to the Internet via Bluetooth

Leonardo F. Fontenelle wrote:
> Hello, all!
>
> I have a N800 with OS2008, but I have no wireless network at home. My
> desktop computer has a wired internet connection, a bluetooth dongle,
> and GNU/Linux. I tried to follow many how-tos about sharing the internet
> connection with PAN/NAP or DUN, but no one could be followed to the
> letter.
>
> So, I'd like to go back to the basics: Is maemo-pan good to get internet
> access from a computer, or only from a cell phone? Is there another way
> to give internet access to the OS2008 via desktop+bluetooth (e.g. does
> DUN work too)?

Considering how cheap WiFi gear is these days, why not buy an access
point?  Most inexpensive WiFi routers can be configured in access point
mode, so that WiFi devices, such as the N800 appear on your local LAN.
You might even consider something like this:
http://ca.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=12&l2=41&l3=0&l4=0&model=1710&modelmenu=1

I have one and it works quite well.  It can be configured in 5 different
modes, depending on what you want to do.