Re: issue with incorrect IP routes being created

Denis: Thanks for the comment.

I believe I have identified the problem .. see below.

Denis Dimick wrote:
> Have you tried hard coding an IP into the network settings?
Sorry if it wasn't clear:  The IP address *is* hard coded.  This seems
to be the problem.

> It looks like maybe your WiFi network could be putting out dome bad IP
> info, or the DHCP server serving up IP info.
DHCP isn't running at all (deliberately).

I finally identified the script (/etc/udhcpc/libicd_network_ipv4.script).
The script appears to be called as expected with 'static' as the first
parameter and the various environment variables probably set as expected
except that the subnet (netmask) parameter is not set when the script is
called.

As a result the ifconfig command is not passed a netmask parameter.  The
ifconfig command inserts a route to the local network, and because no
netmask is given it defaults to the archaic 'classful' behaviour.  In my
case the address would have been a class A address and so it inserts a
route to a Class A network with a 255.0.0.0 mask.  Hardcoding the
correct netmask into the script fixes the problem, but is obviously not
the right answer. for the general case - the osso connectivity interface
should set the subnet environment variable for the static case (I *did*
set the right value in the user interface, honest).

I  will file a bug report.

Regards,
Elwyn Davies