transfer map from desktop to tablet for maemo mapper

Hi, guys
what I want to do is download the map to desktop and transfer them to
tablet. I managed to install maemo-mapper to SDK and run it inside a
scratchbox:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/maemo/developers/42562.
I successfully download about 700M map around Vancouver city(level
3,5,7,910). Theoretically, this should work. However, when I transfer
them the tablet, it seems internet connection is still required to
access some area.  Is there any trick to let maemo-mapper be aware that
the map is already downloaded?

thanks

-jason